On Jul 9 09:44, David Rothenberger wrote: > Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > On Jul 7 12:10, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > >> On Jul 7 07:28, jojelino wrote: > >>> 2008-07-27 Corinna Vinschen > >>> > >>> * fhandler_socket.cc (fhandler_socket::send_internal): Send > >>> never more then 64K bytes at once. For blocking sockets, loop > >>> until entire data has been sent or an error occurs. > >>> (fhandler_socket::sendto): Drop code which sends on 64K bytes. > >>> (fhandler_socket::sendmsg): Ditto. > >>> > >>> This commit added workaround for KB823764. but it has brought > >>> another performance issue when writev sends <64k of data. > >> > >> That's why the code contains that FIXME comment. If you have a > >> good idea for simple code to split a message into the least > >> number of pieces to minimize the number of WsaSendTo calls... > > > > I took a stab at the code and I think the new version improves > > writing multiple small buffers a lot. In my testing it still works > > in other scenarios, too, but I would be very grateful if somebody > > could have a critical look into my code changes as posted in > > https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-cvs/2014-q3/msg00003.html > > > > I uploaded a new developer snapshot to > > http://cygwin.com/snapshots/ Please give it a thorough try. > > FWIW, this snapshot fixed a recent performance degradation for me when > doing ssh/rsync transfers within my local network at work. These > transfers had run at about 25 MB/s but recently degraded to about 500 > kB/s. The snapshot restored the original performance. Cool. Is the result still intact? It's kind of simple to have lots of performance if the code just doesn't send everything... :} Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat