* Cygwin 1.7.31 imminent: Please test latest developer snapshot
@ 2014-07-18  8:29 Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-07-18  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi folks,

we're planning to release Cygwin 1.7.31 in the next few days.  Last
chance to give the developer snapshot a try.  Please test the latest
snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/, dated 2014-07-16.

This is mostly a bugfix release.  Here's the list of changes:

What changed:
-------------

- Improve performance of send(2), sendto(2), sendmsg(2) when using small
  input buffers.
  Addresses: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-07/msg00069.html

- The default pthread_mutex type is now PTHREAD_MUTEX_NORMAL, rather than
  PTHREAD_MUTEX_ERRORCHECK, just as on Linux.

- Align pthread_attr stack functions more closely to Linux.

- Mark pthread_attr_getstackaddr and pthread_attr_setstackaddr as deprecated,
  as on Linux.

Bug Fixes
---------

- Fix various assorted bugs (potential buffer overruns, resource leaks, you
  name it) catched by Coverity.

- Fix return value of getgrouplist if the number of groups is bigger than the
  application-provided buffer can hold.
  See https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-05/msg00469.html

- Fix a spurious error condition in calls to getaddrinfo on x86_64.
  Addresses: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-06/msg00350.html

- Workaround a problem following native NTFS symlinks.  This patch has been
  not applied to 1.7.30, accidentally.
  Addresses: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-04/msg00384.html

- Fix an off-by-one bug in res_querydomain.
  Addresses: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-07/msg00052.html

- Don't catch STATUS_STACK_OVERFLOW preliminary on 64 bit.
  Fixes: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-07/msg00046.html

- Make sure that signals are properly delivered when sending lots of signals
  in succession.
  Fixes: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-07/threads.html#00149

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* Re: Cygwin 1.7.31 imminent: Please test latest developer snapshot
@ 2014-07-18 11:54 ` Eric Blake
From: Eric Blake @ 2014-07-18 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> Bug Fixes
> ---------
>
> - Fix various assorted bugs (potential buffer overruns, resource leaks, you
>   name it) catched by Coverity.

s/catched/caught/

* Re: Cygwin 1.7.31 imminent: Please test latest developer snapshot
@ 2014-07-18 12:28   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-07-18 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Jul 18 05:54, Eric Blake wrote:

> > Bug Fixes
> > ---------
> >
> > - Fix various assorted bugs (potential buffer overruns, resource leaks, you
> >   name it) catched by Coverity.
>
> s/catched/caught/

Thanks for catching ;)

@ 2014-07-21  7:45   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-07-21  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Jul 20 03:19, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Joel Johnson!
>
> > Perhaps I've missed it in searching through the recent archive, but
> > what's the status and release plan for the new passwd/group AD/SAM
> > integration changes that were previously discussed?
>
> Missed. They are still in the works, release postponed.
> Corinna works around some edge cases ATM, if I understand it right.

Basically, yes.  There's also the problem that we still have packages
which are grep'ing /etc/passwd rather than using getent(1) and almost
nil feedback from the maintainers :(

> > That topic seems to be calm lately with snapshot testing. I'm waiting with
> > baited breath to get that change in a release to ease some integration
> > wrinkles we're having.
>
> I'm using snapshots with AD integration, and they are a wonder to have...
> Everything works so much faster. :P

Nice to hear :)))

@ 2014-07-19 23:35 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2014-07-19 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Johnson, cygwin

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...

* RE: Cygwin 1.7.31 imminent: Please test latest developer snapshot
@ 2014-07-19 22:43 Joel Johnson
From: Joel Johnson @ 2014-07-19 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> Hi folks,
>

> we're planning to release Cygwin 1.7.31 in the next few days.  Last
> chance to give the developer snapshot a try.  Please test the latest
> snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/, dated 2014-07-16.
>
> This is mostly a bugfix release.  Here's the list of changes:
>

> What changed:
> -------------
>
> - Improve performance of send(2), sendto(2), sendmsg(2) when using
> small
>   input buffers.
>   Addresses: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-07/msg00069.html
>
> - The default pthread_mutex type is now PTHREAD_MUTEX_NORMAL, rather
> than
>   PTHREAD_MUTEX_ERRORCHECK, just as on Linux.
>
> - Align pthread_attr stack functions more closely to Linux.
>
> - Mark pthread_attr_getstackaddr and pthread_attr_setstackaddr as
> deprecated,
>   as on Linux.

Perhaps I've missed it in searching through the recent archive, but
what's the status and release plan for the new passwd/group AD/SAM
integration changes that were previously discussed? That topic seems to
be calm lately with snapshot testing. I'm waiting with baited breath to
get that change in a release to ease some integration wrinkles we're
having.

Joel