* [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 1.7.31-1
@ 2014-07-21 11:05 Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-07-21 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

[Now with correct subject, sorry]

Hi Cygwin friends and users,

I just released Cygwin 1.7.31-1.  This is mostely a bugfix release.

Please note that the new passwd/group handling still isn't in this
version of Cygwin.  The changes are still work in progress.

What changed:
-------------

- Improve performance of send(2), sendto(2), sendmsg(2) when using small
  input buffers.
  Addresses: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-07/msg00069.html

- The default pthread_mutex type is now PTHREAD_MUTEX_NORMAL, rather than
  PTHREAD_MUTEX_ERRORCHECK, just as on Linux.

- Align pthread_attr stack functions more closely to Linux.

- Mark pthread_attr_getstackaddr and pthread_attr_setstackaddr as deprecated,
  as on Linux.

Bug Fixes
---------

- Fix various assorted bugs (potential buffer overruns, resource leaks, you
  name it) caught by Coverity.

- Fix return value of getgrouplist if the number of groups is bigger than the
  application-provided buffer can hold.
  See https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-05/msg00469.html

- Fix a spurious error condition in calls to getaddrinfo on x86_64.
  Addresses: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-06/msg00350.html

- Workaround a problem following native NTFS symlinks.  This patch has been
  not applied to 1.7.30, accidentally.
  Addresses: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-04/msg00384.html

- Fix an off-by-one bug in res_querydomain.
  Addresses: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-07/msg00052.html

- Don't catch STATUS_STACK_OVERFLOW preliminary on 64 bit.
  Fixes: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-07/msg00046.html

- Make sure that signals are properly delivered when sending lots of signals
  in succession.
  Fixes: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-07/threads.html#00149

To install 32-bit Cygwin use http://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe
To install 64 bit Cygwin use http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe

The 64 bit Cygwin distribution doesn't yet come with as many packages
as the 32 bit version, but more packages will be available over time.

If you're already running a 32 bit version of Cygwin on 64 bit Windows
machines, you can continue to do so.  If you're planning a new install
of Cygwin on a 64 bit Windows machine, consider to use the new 64 bit
Cygwin version, unless you need certain packages not yet available in
the 64 bit release.

Have fun,
Corinna

Red Hat

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 1.7.31-1
@ 2014-07-21 12:15 ` D. Boland
From: D. Boland @ 2014-07-21 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Corinna,

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> [Now with correct subject, sorry]
>
> Hi Cygwin friends and users,
>
> I just released Cygwin 1.7.31-1.  This is mostely a bugfix release.

$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-5.1 dimension 1.7.31s(0.272/5/3) 20140716 11:15:29 i686 Cygwin

With the snapshot in place, the ftp client hangs indefinitely after entering the
password. Switching back to my old Cygwin DLL, it works again.

Greetings,
Daniel

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 1.7.31-1
@ 2014-07-21 14:37   ` Warren Young
From: Warren Young @ 2014-07-21 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin-L

On 7/21/2014 06:19, D. Boland wrote:

> With the snapshot in place, the ftp client hangs indefinitely after entering the
> password. Switching back to my old Cygwin DLL, it works again.

Which FTP client is that?  The ftp.exe that comes with Windows, the
ftp.exe from Cygwin's inetutils (?) package, or some other FTP client?

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 1.7.31-1
@ 2014-07-21 14:48     ` D. Boland
From: D. Boland @ 2014-07-21 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Warren,

Warren Young wrote:

> On 7/21/2014 06:19, D. Boland wrote:
> >
> > With the snapshot in place, the ftp client hangs indefinitely after entering the
> > password. Switching back to my old Cygwin DLL, it works again.
>
> Which FTP client is that?  The ftp.exe that comes with Windows, the
> ftp.exe from Cygwin's inetutils (?) package, or some other FTP client?

I used the ftp program from the inetutils package.

D.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 1.7.31-1
@ 2014-07-21 15:21       ` Matt D.
From: Matt D. @ 2014-07-21 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Cannot replicate on Windows XP SP3 with latest Cygwin DLL by launching
Cygwin's ftp from Windows command prompt or from a bash prompt.
Everything connects fine.

Matt D.

@ 2014-07-21 16:37   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-07-21 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)