On Jul 22 13:59, Jon TURNEY wrote: > On 22/07/2014 09:27, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > >On Jul 17 20:24, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > >>On Jul 17 16:31, Jon TURNEY wrote: > >>>On 17/07/2014 08:37, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > >>>>It's the libgcc DLL which gives us grief, so a new libgcc package is > >>>>sufficent, afaics. We should check if this DLL fixes the problem and > >>>>then make it "curr" soon, I think. > >>> > >>>I briefly tested this other patch with my test case from the mail above, and > >>>it doesn't seem to help. > >>>[...] > >>I asked DJ to take another look, but I guess ultimately we need the > >>attention of one of the GCC Windows maintainers. Kai Tietz seems to be > >>unavailable right now, unfortunately. > > > >Looks like I totally misunderstood DJ's patch. The patch does *not* > >change libgcc, it changes cygmin-crtbegin.c, thus the crtbegin.o file > >which is statically linked into the executable. > > > >That means, to fix the issue, you don't have to replace libgcc, you > >have to recompile the executable against the new crtbegin.o. > > > >DJ still claims his patch is the correct one. The simple testcase > >dlopen'ing cyggs-9.dll works fine with the new crtbegin.o, according to > >him. > > Sorry, I hadn't tested it correctly. No worries, this was my fault. Talking about building a new libgcc rather than building a new crtbegin.o was bound to lead everyone off track :| > Building my test with an updated crtbegin.o as well, my test case is fixed. Nice! > I agree this patch seems better than my suggested one, as it makes crtbegin > do the right thing in the face of unbalanced libgcc load/unload, rather than > attempting to balance the libgcc load/unload as mine does. Ok. I CC'ed DJ so he knows all is good, and then we probably need a windows GCC maintainer to approve the patch I guess. Kai? Ping? Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat