On Jul 30 19:23, Stephan Mueller wrote: > Eric Blake writes: > " How bad would it be to treat the window's DOMAIN\user as cygwin > " user@DOMAIN? Yes, it means string-splicing to rearrange strings when > " converting between the two forms, rather than just single-character > " replacement, but it might work. > > Sounds reasonable to me. Consider also that modern(*) Windows > recognizes (prefers?) user@domain as equivalent to domain\user in > places. No, no! It's not the same. I just wrote about that in my reply to Eric. It's FLATDOMAIN\user vs. user@dnsdomain These are different strings referring to the same domain. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat