* Impending ITP of Sendmail
@ 2014-08-09 20:36 D. Boland
From: D. Boland @ 2014-08-09 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi group,

I have the Sendmail port ready. I will anounce my intent to package it soon.

There is one thing, though. Sendmail relies heavily on the procmail program. The
problem is that the procmail package as it is now, is not "multiple root" aware. It
also is not able to do suid at the moment.

To accomplished this, procmail would have to be modified slightly. From the Cygwin
website, I can see that procmail is maintained bij Jason Tishler.

I need these modifications for Sendmail to work. I remember Corinna mentioning that
the package is old and needs to be updated. Maybe it is orphaned? In that case I'd
be happy to adopt it.

Cincerely,
Daniel

* Re: Impending ITP of Sendmail
@ 2014-08-11 10:46 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-08-11 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Jason Tishler

On Aug  9 22:41, D. Boland wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> I have the Sendmail port ready. I will anounce my intent to package it
> soon.
>
> There is one thing, though. Sendmail relies heavily on the procmail
> program. The problem is that the procmail package as it is now, is not
> "multiple root" aware. It also is not able to do suid at the moment.
>
> To accomplished this, procmail would have to be modified slightly.
> From the Cygwin website, I can see that procmail is maintained bij
> Jason Tishler.
>
> I need these modifications for Sendmail to work. I remember Corinna
> mentioning that the package is old and needs to be updated. Maybe it
> is orphaned? In that case I'd be happy to adopt it.

Jason, ping?

I already built procmail for x86_64 becasue Jason hadn't much time
way back when.  Dependent on his current workload he might be glad
to hand over procmail.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* Re: Impending ITP of Sendmail
@ 2014-08-11 23:44   ` Jason Tishler
From: Jason Tishler @ 2014-08-11 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Daniel,

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 12:46:54PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug  9 22:41, D. Boland wrote:
> > [snip]
> > To accomplished this, procmail would have to be modified slightly.
> > From the Cygwin website, I can see that procmail is maintained bij
> > Jason Tishler.
> >
> > I need these modifications for Sendmail to work. I remember Corinna
> > mentioning that the package is old and needs to be updated. Maybe it
> > is orphaned? In that case I'd be happy to adopt it.
>
> Jason, ping?
>
> I already built procmail for x86_64 becasue Jason hadn't much time way
> back when.  Dependent on his current workload he might be glad to hand
> over procmail.

Yes, you are welcome to adopt procmail.

Thanks,
Jason

* Re: Impending ITP of Sendmail
@ 2014-08-12  6:37     ` D. Boland
From: D. Boland @ 2014-08-12  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Jason Tishler wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 12:46:54PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Aug  9 22:41, D. Boland wrote:
> > > [snip]
> > > To accomplished this, procmail would have to be modified slightly.
> > > From the Cygwin website, I can see that procmail is maintained bij
> > > Jason Tishler.
> > >
> > > I need these modifications for Sendmail to work. I remember Corinna
> > > mentioning that the package is old and needs to be updated. Maybe it
> > > is orphaned? In that case I'd be happy to adopt it.
> >
> > Jason, ping?
> >
> > I already built procmail for x86_64 becasue Jason hadn't much time way
> > back when.  Dependent on his current workload he might be glad to hand
> > over procmail.
>
> Yes, you are welcome to adopt procmail.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

Thank you, Jason. Now I can unleash the ancient, though awesome power of Sendmail
onto the Cygwin world. ;-)

Cheers,

@ 2014-08-12  8:13       ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-08-12  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)