* Missing Dependency
@ 2014-08-11 20:56 Karl M
From: Karl M @ 2014-08-11 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi All...

I just did two 32 bit Cygwin + OpenSSH installs on brand new machines (Win 64), and received an error message that cyggmp3.dll could not be found. I installed libgmp3 and that resolved the issue.

Thanks,

...Karl

* Re: Missing Dependency
@ 2014-08-12  8:08 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-08-12  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Aug 11 13:56, Karl M wrote:
> Hi All...
>

> I just did two 32 bit Cygwin + OpenSSH installs on brand new machines
> (Win 64), and received an error message that cyggmp3.dll could not be
> found. I installed libgmp3 and that resolved the issue.

That's a bit low on information.  What application did you get the error
message from?  Neither ssh nor sshd depend on libgmp.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* RE: Missing Dependency
@ 2014-08-12 16:18   ` Karl M
From: Karl M @ 2014-08-12 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 10:08:48 +0200
> From: corinna-cygwin
> To: cygwin
> Subject: Re: Missing Dependency
>
> On Aug 11 13:56, Karl M wrote:
>> Hi All...
>>

>> I just did two 32 bit Cygwin + OpenSSH installs on brand new machines
>> (Win 64), and received an error message that cyggmp3.dll could not be
>> found. I installed libgmp3 and that resolved the issue.
>
> That's a bit low on information. What application did you get the error
> message from? Neither ssh nor sshd depend on libgmp.

Well...I'm not quite sure. It comes from within csih when doing a test. After I unstalled libgmp3 and ran ssh-host-config I get the following:

$ ssh-host-config
/usr/bin/expr.exe: error while loading shared libraries: cyggmp-3.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/usr/share/csih/cygwin-service-installation-helper.sh: line 694: [: -gt: unary operator expected
/usr/share/csih/cygwin-service-installation-helper.sh: line 718: test: -gt: unary operator expected
*** ERROR: ssh-host-config is using csih-0.9.7.
*** ERROR: csih-0.9.7 requires WinNT or above.
*** ERROR: The current operating system is:
*** ERROR: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit Service Pack 1 (build 7601).

But test does not depend in it.

Thanks,

...Karl

* RE: Missing Dependency
@ 2014-08-12 16:35     ` Karl M
From: Karl M @ 2014-08-12 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> From: karlm
> To: cygwin
> Subject: RE: Missing Dependency
> Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 09:18:48 -0700

>> Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 10:08:48 +0200
>> From: corinna-cygwin
>> To: cygwin
>> Subject: Re: Missing Dependency
>>
>> On Aug 11 13:56, Karl M wrote:
>>> Hi All...
>>>

>>> I just did two 32 bit Cygwin + OpenSSH installs on brand new machines
>>> (Win 64), and received an error message that cyggmp3.dll could not be
>>> found. I installed libgmp3 and that resolved the issue.
>>
>> That's a bit low on information. What application did you get the error
>> message from? Neither ssh nor sshd depend on libgmp.
>>

> Well...I'm not quite sure. It comes from within csih when doing a test. After I unstalled libgmp3 and ran ssh-host-config I get the following:
>
> $ ssh-host-config
> /usr/bin/expr.exe: error while loading shared libraries: cyggmp-3.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> /usr/share/csih/cygwin-service-installation-helper.sh: line 694: [: -gt: unary operator expected
> /usr/share/csih/cygwin-service-installation-helper.sh: line 718: test: -gt: unary operator expected
> *** ERROR: ssh-host-config is using csih-0.9.7.
> *** ERROR: csih-0.9.7 requires WinNT or above.
> *** ERROR: The current operating system is:
> *** ERROR: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit Service Pack 1 (build 7601).
>
> But test does not depend in it.

But expr does, and that seems rather low level to not have been seen so far. So I am puzzled.

Thanks,

...Karl

* Re: Missing Dependency
@ 2014-08-12 16:42     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-08-12 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Aug 12 09:18, Karl M wrote:
> > From: corinna-cygwin
> > On Aug 11 13:56, Karl M wrote:
> >> Hi All...
> >>

> >> I just did two 32 bit Cygwin + OpenSSH installs on brand new machines
> >> (Win 64), and received an error message that cyggmp3.dll could not be
> >> found. I installed libgmp3 and that resolved the issue.
> >
> > That's a bit low on information. What application did you get the error
> > message from? Neither ssh nor sshd depend on libgmp.
>
> Well...I'm not quite sure. It comes from within csih when doing a test. After I unstalled libgmp3 and ran ssh-host-config I get the following:
>
> $ ssh-host-config
> /usr/bin/expr.exe: error while loading shared libraries: cyggmp-3.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

That explains it.  It's a fallout from the new coreutils test package
which changed the setup.hint dependencies to libgmp10.  This will be
fixed soon when Eric uploads the new coreutils 8.23 as "curr" package.

@ 2001-11-30  6:28   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2001-11-30  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 02:50:54PM +0100, Holger Vogt wrote:
> 'cygcrypto.dll' is not beeing installed during installing openssl.
>
> Only after reinstalling crypt package (from within latest) it is there
> (see message 'ssh.exe cygcrypto.dll missing').
>
> This is strange because of course crypt doesnot contain 'cygcrypto.dll'.

What's strange with that?  cygcrypto.dll is NEW in OpenSSL,
announced 2001-11-20, containing the following text:

--- SNIP ---
I've updated the version of OpenSSL in cygwin/latest to 0.9.6b-2.

This version is based on the same sources as 0.9.6b-1.  It just contains
the crypto and ssl libraries additionally as dynamic link libraries (DLLs).
--- SNAP ---

The OpenSSH version which is dynamically linked against libcrypto
is also NEW, announced 2001-11-21:

--- SNIP ---
I've updated the version of OpenSSH in cygwin/latest to 3.0.1p1-2.
[...]
- This version is linked against the new OpenSSL-0.9.6b-2 which means,
  the binaries require the OpenSSL DLLs on the system.  So you _must_
  install OpenSSL-0.9.6b-2 to run OpenSSH-3.0.1p1-2!
--- SNAP ---

Reading the mailing list archive should have uncovered these "secrets".

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: Missing dependency.
@ 2001-11-30  5:51 ` Holger Vogt
From: Holger Vogt @ 2001-11-30  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

'cygcrypto.dll' is not beeing installed during installing openssl.

Only after reinstalling crypt package (from within latest) it is there
(see message 'ssh.exe cygcrypto.dll missing').

This is strange because of course crypt doesnot contain 'cygcrypto.dll'.

Regards

Holger Vogt

* Re: Missing dependency.
@ 2001-11-29 16:08     ` Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2001-11-29 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 11:18:57PM +0000, Karsten H. wrote:
> >The openssh package seems to be dependent of the crypt package, but setup
> >doesn't autoselect it as it does with other dependent packages.
>
> The openssh package doesn't depend on the crypt package.

'cygcrypto.dll' is provided by the openssl (ssL, not ssH) package. it is
not provided by the crypt package.

--Chuck

* Re: Missing dependency.
@ 2001-11-29 15:30   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2001-11-29 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 11:18:57PM +0000, Karsten H. wrote:
>The openssh package seems to be dependent of the crypt package, but setup
>doesn't autoselect it as it does with other dependent packages.

The openssh package doesn't depend on the crypt package.

cgf

* Missing dependency.
@ 2001-11-29 15:20 ` Karsten H.
From: Karsten H. @ 2001-11-29 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

The openssh package seems to be dependent of the crypt package, but setup
doesn't autoselect it as it does with other dependent packages.

/Karsten H.

--
Public PGP key available at www.egotrip.dk/pgp.php

* Re: Missing dependency.