On Aug 27 16:28, Achim Gratz wrote: > Corinna Vinschen cygwin.com> writes: > > > -v, please. What means "obviously" here? Did you ask Netapp? > > No, I've tried all combinations of parameters to the open calls to > absolutely no avail. I then started to look at what the VolumeInformation > call is supposed to be doing and decided that this might have a better > chance of producing a workaround. > > > > The FileFsFullSizeInformation class is *old*, it has been introduced > > > with Windows 2000. Did you test all combinations I asked you for? Can > > > you provide detailed results? It might help to find a working combination. > > All combinations you listed produced absolutely the same behaviour than > before: the open suceeds and the VolumeInfo call fails. I've tried a few > other combinations that are forbidden according to MSDN and promptly had the > open call fail, so I think I did this correctly... > > While searching the net I've found some notes saying that the only classes > confirmed working everywhere didn't include FileFsFullSizeInformation. True > or not, that's what pushed me to rip it out. > > http://sourceforge.net/p/openxdk/patches/_discuss/thread/4b412944/4ba5/attachment/undocumented.txt > > > Btw., one other hare-brained idea would be if the Netapp FS has a > > somewhat different idea of the size of FILE_FS_FULL_SIZE_INFORMATION, > > maybe due to a misunderstanding in alignment. What you could try is > > to make full_fsi a pointer: > > > > PFILE_FS_FULL_SIZE_INFORMATION full_fsi = > > (PFILE_FS_FULL_SIZE_INFORMATION) > > alloca (2 * sizeof (FILE_FS_FULL_SIZE_INFORMATION)); > > > > and then change all "full_fsi." to "full_fsi->" Make that: PFILE_FS_FULL_SIZE_INFORMATION pfull_fsi = (PFILE_FS_FULL_SIZE_INFORMATION) alloca (2 * sizeof (FILE_FS_FULL_SIZE_INFORMATION)); FILE_FS_FULL_SIZE_INFORMATION &full_fsi = *pfull_fsi; Then you don't have to change subsequent code. > Tomorrow... Ok. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat