On Aug 27 19:04, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > On Aug 27 16:28, Achim Gratz wrote: > > Corinna Vinschen cygwin.com> writes: > > > > -v, please. What means "obviously" here? Did you ask Netapp? > > > > No, I've tried all combinations of parameters to the open calls to > > absolutely no avail. I then started to look at what the VolumeInformation > > call is supposed to be doing and decided that this might have a better > > chance of producing a workaround. > > > > > > The FileFsFullSizeInformation class is *old*, it has been introduced > > > > with Windows 2000. Did you test all combinations I asked you for? Can > > > > you provide detailed results? It might help to find a working combination. > > > > All combinations you listed produced absolutely the same behaviour than > > before: the open suceeds and the VolumeInfo call fails. I've tried a few > > other combinations that are forbidden according to MSDN and promptly had the > > open call fail, so I think I did this correctly... > > > > While searching the net I've found some notes saying that the only classes > > confirmed working everywhere didn't include FileFsFullSizeInformation. True > > or not, that's what pushed me to rip it out. > > > > http://sourceforge.net/p/openxdk/patches/_discuss/thread/4b412944/4ba5/attachment/undocumented.txt Btw., the document is from 2003. 11 years is a long time. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat