On Aug 28 10:22, Frank Fesevur wrote: > 2014-08-25 9:46 GMT+02:00 Frank Fesevur: > > 2014-08-22 14:42 GMT+02:00 Frank Fesevur: > >> I will try a self build vanilla rsync.exe 3.1.1 this weekend or early > >> next week and see how that works. > > > > I have tried my own build 3.1.1 last night and it fails with the same > > errors. I will investigate this. > > Made a bit of progress. When I comment out the lines uid = 0 and gid = > 0 from my /etc/rsyncd.conf v3.1.1. seems to work again, although I > haven't tried on our production server yet. I rather wait with that > until the weekend when there is not much to backup. I have not found > out why this behavior has changed since v3.0.9. > > Another thing that surprises me is that the setuid() fails with an > errno 5, which is EIO. That error is not mentioned on this man page > http://linux.die.net/man/2/setuid What do you think? Is this setuid() > error a cygwin specific problem or should I ask upstream? That's probably a translation from Windows status or error code to POSIX error code. The setuid call is littered with debug output statements, so a strace could help to understand where it comes from. Basically it's probably still rather an issue of missing caller permissions. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat