On Aug 29 09:58, Achim Gratz wrote: > Achim Gratz NexGo.DE> writes: > > > Please test. > > > > This fixes the "read-only" problem in Emacs (so that hunch was correct). > > Perl still doesn't play, but I think the 5.18 version should get it correct. > > Will need to switch a test installation over for that, though. > > With that snapshot in place, ssh suddenly recognized that my private key > file was more readable than it liked it to be, so it looks that it's using > the same general strategy of dealing with ACL as Emacs. I'm starting to > like this patch very much... :-) Over the weekend it occured to me that the acl(2) function created ACLs which not aligned well with the ACLs created by open(2),chmod(2), etc. Yesterday I fixed the acl(2) function to create ACLs the same way as the other functions, especially in terms of the owner and group entries and the SE_DACL_PROTECTED flag. The changes are in the latest snapshot from https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ Please give them a try. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat