On Sep 2 11:51, Achim Gratz wrote: > Achim Gratz nexgo.de> writes: > > - Windows Server 2012R2 64bit running on hardware > > - domain member > > - Cygwin 32bit (latest snapshot from 2014-08-31 w/ AD integration) > > > > can anybody confirm they have gotten sshd successfully running? As far > > as I can debug this, the sshd I have installed goes through all the > > motions of checking and setting up the environment, but any process it > > then spawns to actually run my command or shell immediately exits. > > The server I was testing this on had to be re-installed for reasons > unrelated to Cygwin, so I've had a fresh start. The issue remains the same > however: I have successfully set up an sshd for both a productive 64bit > Cygwin and a separate 64bit build environment and can use them both in > parallel. The 32bit build environment works just fine in an RDP session, > but I can't make the 32bit sshd actually start programs. As before, it > validates the user logging in successfully and then fails to start the > program requested. The failure is the same for a local account and a domain > account and regardless of whether I try to log in from the outside or via > localhost. This is strange, really. I just set up a Windows 8.1 machine with two services, one called sshd64 in 64 bit Cygwin, running under my usual AD account called cyg_server, listening on port 22 and one called sshd in 32 bit Cygwin, running under the same cyg_server account, listening on port 20022. Both services work fine in parallel, and password as wll as pubkey auth work as expected. I have no idea what could be wrong in your environment, sorry. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat