On Sep 2 22:23, Achim Gratz wrote: > Corinna Vinschen writes: > > $ setfacl -d g:system: filename > > > > Note the trailing colon. > > That's not what the man page specifies, however. I'll keep it in mind. I patched setfacl to not require trailing colons anymore. This also fixes a bug in terms of the allowed acl entries when deleting. I now also fixed setfacl to add missing acl entries when modifying an acl, same way as the Linux setfacl handles this. And, this is important, given that setfacl now always creates complete acls when modifying an acl, I could finally fix the aclcheck(2) function in the Cygwin DLL to more thorougly test the incoming acl for all required entries. That means, when using the new Cygwin DLL, you also have to use the accompanying setfacl(1). With any older setfacl you'll suffer "setfacl: Invalid argument" error messages. I just created a new snapshot on https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ containing these patches. Please give them a try. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat