On Sep 4 11:23, Achim Gratz wrote: > Corinna Vinschen cygwin.com> writes: > > You already built your own Cygwin DLL, right? What you could do is to > > do some good old printf debugging. First let's try to find out if it's > > really one of the NetUser calls: > > It looks like I need to install more than the DLL to make this work? No. > I couldn't start cygserver as a service with (just) the built DLL in place. No idea why. The patch just adds debug output to strace ouptput, nothing else. > So I started it in debug mode from the command line (which makes it have > less rights than it needs) and started the sshd in debug mode also. In a cyg_server GUI session? If so, you should have all rights required when starting this in an elevated shell. > Due to > presumably the missing rights mentioned I could only log in with an > administrative account (domain account, but restricted to run on the server > only). I didn't get any failure from the debug_printf instrumented > functions. With my normal user account I got a "/bin/bash: Operation not > permitted". The cygserver debug output also showed unfettered access to the > AD. With the sshd running without privilege separation I've noticed some > requests to the cygserver that seemed to indicate memory corruption: Early > on in starting the daemon it would normally try to get account information > for Administrators:544, but the debug output from cygserver was showing > sshdrs as the account name being asked for. Also there are (probably > unrelated since they are also present on x86_64) complaints about requests > of illegal length (11). Ok, I don't grok this. If you have trouble with cygserver, which is completely unrelated to this issue, please discuss this in a new thread and please describe detailed what you did to provoke the problem and paste what you see. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat