On Sep 4 14:36, Achim Gratz wrote: > > Ok, I don't grok this. If you have trouble with cygserver, which is > > completely unrelated to this issue, please discuss this in a new thread > > and please describe detailed what you did to provoke the problem and > > paste what you see. > > I'm running (from an administrative account) "cygserver -d" in one mintty > and "sshd -d" in another. While sshd is starting up, I get these debug > messages from cygserver that look strange: > > cygserver: winsup/cygserver/pwdgrp.cc, line 159: Request account information > returns cygserver: winsup/cygserver/pwdgrp.cc, line 159: Request account information > returns error 0 > cygserver: winsup/cygserver/pwdgrp.cc, line 77: User > failed > cygserver: winsup/cygserver/pwdgrp.cc, line 159: Request account information > returns <> error 2 > > Another frequent occurence in the debug messages and the Windows event log > is this: > > cygserver: bad request body length: got 11 I think I found the bug. I missed the trailing \0 from the user name in the packet length sent to cygserver. I fixed that in CVS and uploaded a new snapshot to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/. Please test. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat