On Sep 29 14:13, Dominik Straßer wrote: > Hi all, > I've dug into the gdb sources. > The problem is in the cygwin-only part and is not about the PATH > variable but about one single DLL file name. > > This path length is *fixed* to 512 characters (SO_NAME_MAX_PATH_SIZE) > for the *realpath* of the DLL. Thanks for looking into this. While this occurs in Cygwin-specific code, the problem is a result of the restriction of so_list::so_name being always SO_NAME_MAX_PATH_SIZE in length. I'm not sure how to fix this problem yet. I'll look into it when I had a chance to catch up with my insane mail backlog. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat