* Necessary To Query SACL Information?
@ 2014-10-13  0:37 Bryan Berns
From: Bryan Berns @ 2014-10-13  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I noticed when I launch an executable, Cygwin queries SACL information
on the executable (which I can see in Process Monitor as a
'QuerySecurityFile' operation).  On some of my protected file servers,
this generates a failure audit.  Looking at the source code, I'm going
to guess this might be from the NtQuerySecurityObject call in
security.cc which requests SACL information by asking for for
ALL_SECURITY_INFORMATION.  Does Cygwin really need to query this
information? Aside from keeping my audit logs clean, it seems like it
might be an opportunity for optimizing the executable launch process
if Cygwin doesn't really need this (or some of the other information
that ALL_SECURITY_INFORMATION provides).

Thoughts?

* Re: Necessary To Query SACL Information?
@ 2014-10-13  4:04 ` Bryan Berns
From: Bryan Berns @ 2014-10-13  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Arg.  Responding to myself.  Apparently ALL_SECURITY_INFORMATION is
internally defined and doesn't contain the flag for SACL information
(so much for being 'ALL').  I'll keep exploring...

* Re: Necessary To Query SACL Information?
@ 2014-10-13  8:07 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-10-13  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin