On Oct 25 17:33, Andrew Schulman wrote: > > This package contains nothing but a default application compatibility > > manifest, which gets linked in by GCC by default, and which is supposed > > to claim compatibility with the latest Windows versions available at the > > time. > > > > Adding such a manifest got necessary due to a change in Windows 8.1. On > > earlier OS versions, applications without manifest were treated as > > compatible with the current OS. Starting with Windows 8.1, an > > executable without manifest is treated as being compatible only with the > > oldest supported OS version of the OS compatibility layer. > > > > That means, all applications without manifest are running in a Window > > Vista compatibility layer on Windows 8.1. This affects all Cygwin > > executables to date. By adding the default manifest to newly built > > packages, we're slowly getting to run our executables with full OS > > compatibility. > > I'm sorry, can you please remind me: Is there anything I have to do to > include the new manifest? Or is it enough just to rebuild the executable > once this package is installed? Just rebuilding is sufficient. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat