On Oct 29 18:37, Denis Excoffier wrote: > On 2014-10-29 13:08, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > > > I just released a 4th TEST version of the next upcoming Cygwin release, > > 1.7.33-0.4. > > > > Changes compared to the former test version 1.7.33-0.3: > > > > > - Set CYGWIN=dosfilewarning settting to OFF by default. > > > Well, this is OK i suppose. > > But i was using this feature in order to check that no cygwin process > was left behind when i switch to a new cygwin1.dll (eg for a snapshot). > Here is how. > > I use 'echo \\ /nonexistent*' in my .cshrc. This triggers the > warning. That way, if some process from the previous cygwin1.dll was left > somewhere in the background, the warning is not displayed and i get the > (visual) indication that something is wrong (say: the new cygwin1.dll is > not properly in function). Wow, this is really wrestling some arbitrary setting into a feature of sorts... > Afterwards, since the warning is displayed only once, the warning is not > displayed anymore, so the 'echo ...' is not a nuisance in .cshrc. > > The fact that the default is/was ON is important because otherwise the > CYGWIN variable would have to be set somewhere (and before the 1st cygwin > process). > > Currently i don't see how to replace this "feature". Any ideas? I have a `uname -a' in my .login. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat