On Nov 3 19:03, Achim Gratz wrote: > Corinna Vinschen writes: > > Off the top of my head I don't know how hard that would be, but it > > doesn't sound like an especially bad idea to me. Au contraire. > > It should be quite easy since the postinstall scripts are run in POSIX > sort order. Just give the script a name like 00001_autorebase.bat and > it should always be the first one that runs. > > > One thing we could test is if we can't get away without tweaking > > setup.exe, by changing the dependencies only. Right now _autorebase > > requires rebase and dash packages. Both are in Base anyway, but they > > pull in more dependencies which result in something like a rat tail of > > dependencies. So I'm wondering if tweaking _autorebase' setup.hint file > > like this: > > Dependencies are not evaluated at all when installing or running > scripts. That's not correct. From the dependencies, setup generates a dependency graph which is used to get a sequential order in which to call the scripts. See /var/log/setup.log.full, it contains the dependency order before starting the scripts. Years ago we had some trouble to get the base-cygwin script running first due to a couple of dependency loops. And we have such loops again, apparently. My dependency list on 64 bit (not all packages installed) now starts like this: libbz2_1 _autorebase cygwin zlib0 libpng15 ... The worst thing AFAICS is that base-cygwin only comes after lots and lots of other packages for some reason. This needs some investigation. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat