On Nov 5 22:38, Habermann, David (D) wrote: > >> I just released a 5th TEST version of the next upcoming Cygwin release, > >> 1.7.33-0.5. > > > Ever since using this 1.7.33-0.x series (currently running 1.7.33-0.5) > > I've been having intermittent trouble with one of my scripts, and just > > finally got around to digging further today. This is an expect script > > It would appear, after a bit more digging, that this problem is > related to some timeout issues. Most of the time the ssh login goes > rapidly, but occasionally it takes quite a lot longer triggering the > expect default timeout. When setting the timeout substantially > longer, the reliability goes up substantially. Such phases wher checking for an account takes a bit longer just happen. I don't see that Cygwin has this really under control. Local caching should alleviate this somewhat. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat