On Nov 11 23:19, Andrey Repin wrote: > >> nsswitch.conf configurable settings: > >> user: Use %AppData%/Cygwin%PLATFORM% (Separate directory for different > >> platform Cygwins) > > > I really don't like this one. > > I'm just summing up suggestions that have been raised in the list for last > day. :) > > > Your naming scheme (user/system/cygwin) has its merits, but I don't see that > > a home directory of any sort belongs under AppData. > > Not home directory. User profile directory. > https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-11/msg00201.html I was talking about the Cygwin home dir. The home dir is a home dir. It doesn't contain only stuff which is application dependent. It may also contain arbitrary user-specific stuff. So the Cygwin home dir is equivalent to the CMD homedir, which is %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%, not %HOMEPATH%/AppData/Roaming/CMD. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat