On Nov 21 11:15, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > I can't reproduce your backtrace, but I can reproduce another one, which > is related to thread_exit. At one point after a couple thousand runs > through your testcase I have a variable number of threads hanging in > thread_exit, and a timer thread which is unable to send its signal. the > other threads all hang in thread_exit, waiting for a muto which is taken > by a thread which doesn't exist anymore. That's a very serious downside > of the muto implementation not being able to recognize being abandoned. > I wonder if that shouldn't be using a real OS mutex. s/thread_exit/exit_thread/g Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat