On Nov 26 22:28, Achim Gratz wrote: > Corinna Vinschen writes: > > Ok, so we have a cygwin schema extension now. The file is called > > cygwin.ldif and is in the Cygwin CVS repo. It gets installed to > > /usr/share/cygwin. The schema extension consists of two auxiliary > > classes: > […] > > Do you think this makes sense? Would you actually use these AD > > extensions, or do you see your admins using them if available? > > This is _very_ interesting and I hope to have some discussion with our > AD admins about this. It will be some time though, there is just too > many other things going on right now. But if they allow this to be > used, I think it would indeed be possible to get rid of all local > configuration for a new install on a client machine. It would be possible for sure. The question is, would it be actually used? In some environments, schema and configuration extensions are avoided like the plague. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat