On Nov 27 18:47, Achim Gratz wrote: > Corinna Vinschen writes: > > Ideally, such a configuration extension requires a new tool for Admins. > > It's not exactly feasible for an Admin to install and maintain the > > configuration extension in ADSI Edit. > > In practise IT would do these edits via a dedicated web interface that > takes most of its data from the install order form. -v please? Is there something available out of the box? Please keep in mind that I'm not an admin. ADSI Edit is perfectly fine for my limited usage of AD. > As long as they > don't have to install any extra interface libraries or server components > they likely don't have a problem once they know the names and layout. > > > At least a CLI tool to install and maintain the settings would be > > needed. A GUI tool would be the hit. > > I'm not sure how large the user base of this might be. Around here even > the AD administrators are pretty much restricted from using any edit > functionality such tools might provide since all changes must have a > documentation trail. Maybe I'm too far off, but to me documentation requirements don't exclude the use of certain tools... Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat