On Nov 28 13:48, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > On Nov 28 15:08, Andrey Repin wrote: > > Greetings, Corinna Vinschen! > > > > >> The meaning of the schemata depend on the setting: > > >> > > >> db_home: > > >> > > >> windows AD and SAM: Utilizes the setting of the homeDrive or > > >> homeDirectory attributes, or their SAM "Home folder" > > >> counterparts. The Windows path is converted to a > > >> POSIX path. > > > > > I'm not really happy with this. It requires to write some value to the > > > homeDrive/homeDirectory attributes, because it doesn't fall back to the > > > Windows default values. > > > > > So, another question is this: Shall "db_home: windows" fall back > > > to the default Windows home dir if homeDrive/homeDirectory are empty? > > > > Yes, if you mean it. > > I mean, if you intend to use the same directory OS using for user's home > > directory, you gotta use something that resembles the OS behavior. > > Good point. It's just a bit lengthy to implement. Implemented in the latest snapshot at https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ Please give it a try. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat