On Nov 26 21:56, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > On Nov 11 12:14, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > On Nov 11 11:05, Achim Gratz wrote: > > > Corinna Vinschen cygwin.com> writes: > > > > 1. Add a setting to /etc/nsswitch.conf which allows to specify one of > > > > the above: > > > > > > > > home: [unix|win|home]... > > > > > > > > - "unix" means, set pw_dir to unixHomeDirectory > > > > - "win" means, set pw_dir to homeDirectory > > > > - "home" means, set pw_dir to /home/$USER > > > > - Multiple entries are possible. > > > > - Default in the absence of this setting is: always set pw_dir to > > > > /home/$USER. > > > > > > Looks good, but maybe allow the AD attribute to be explicitly named (e.g. > > > cygwinHomeDirectory). > > > > Cygwin schema extension? :) > > I just created a patch and a matching snapshot on > https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ > > The new stuff is still missing documentation, [...] If you're wondering why I didn't create a test release yet, it's all about this dreaded documentation. Did I mention already how much I hate writing documentation? Yes? Whatever. I really hate writing documentation! It's infinitely worse than writing the code. I'm just working on the documentation and it's going forward really tenaciously, so I felt the need to vent^Wkeep you informed. When I have a more or less working piece of documentation, I'll create a new Cygwin test release again, for installation via setup. I'd appreciate if those not shy to install developer snapshots would give this stuff a try in the meantime. Also, if you don't understand the settings, or some of the settings, feel free to ask. The developer (that's me, I guess) sometimes just doesn't know if the description makes sense or not. It will very likely help to make the documentation better. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat