On Dec 5 12:39, Dave L wrote: > On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 6:35 AM, Corinna Vinschen > wrote: > > > > ... > > > > This looks suspiciously like a bug in the remote filesystem. Link > > succeeded, so there are two links to the same file in the directory. > > Unlinking link 1 succeeds, so there's still one link to the file in the > > directory, but link 2 is inaccessible as if the file has been deleted > > completely. Thus, a full POSIX git on this drive is broken. > > > > Can you please run > > > > /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo /cygdrive/z > > > > and paste the output here? Maybe I can workaround this in the next > > Cygwin version. > > Here you go: > > $ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo /cygdrive/Z > Device Type : 7 > Characteristics : 10 > Volume Name : <> > Serial Number : 1646121781 > Max Filenamelength : 255 > Filesystemname : > Flags : c700ff > FILE_CASE_SENSITIVE_SEARCH : TRUE > FILE_CASE_PRESERVED_NAMES : TRUE > FILE_UNICODE_ON_DISK : TRUE > FILE_PERSISTENT_ACLS : TRUE > FILE_FILE_COMPRESSION : TRUE > FILE_VOLUME_QUOTAS : TRUE > FILE_SUPPORTS_SPARSE_FILES : TRUE > FILE_SUPPORTS_REPARSE_POINTS: TRUE > FILE_SUPPORTS_REMOTE_STORAGE: FALSE > FILE_VOLUME_IS_COMPRESSED : FALSE > FILE_SUPPORTS_OBJECT_IDS : TRUE > FILE_SUPPORTS_ENCRYPTION : TRUE > FILE_NAMED_STREAMS : TRUE > FILE_READ_ONLY_VOLUME : FALSE > FILE_SEQUENTIAL_WRITE_ONCE : FALSE > FILE_SUPPORTS_TRANSACTIONS : FALSE Standard NTFS, it seems. > Thanks for looking into this. FWIW, @Kai on StackExchange has been > able to reproduce the problem. See last comment here: I don't know what I can do here. This works fine for me and as long as I can't reproduce the issue... Could that be related to sharing permissions?!? Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat