On Dec 8 15:14, Warren Young wrote: > On Dec 6, 2014, at 12:49 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > > - Cygwin can now generate passwd/group entries directly from Windows > > This is huge, Corinna! > > It must have been a lot of work, and while I personally will not > benefit much from this — don’t use AD here, and /etc/passwd suffices > for my purposes You can still benefit, I hope. Even when using only the local SAM, the process startups should be a tad bit faster than when every exec'ed process has to read /etc/passwd and /etc/group files: $ cat > /etc/nsswitch.conf < Give it a try! > — it’s one of those things that should obviously be > done. > > Congratulations on getting this into a shippable state. I realize it > isn’t formally released yet, but you’ve gotten it over the hump where > it must be compiled out of release binaries. I assume this is one of > those situations where the last 10% of the work takes 90% of the time. > > Congratulations! Thank you very much! I started to implement this stuff in January 2014 and the formal release will hopefully be in January 2015, so, yes, all in all, it was a lot of work. Especially the documentation :} Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat