On Dec 9 17:18, Michael DePaulo wrote: > On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 2:49 PM, Corinna Vinschen > wrote: > > For your convenience I wrote new documentation. Since this is a TEST > > prerelease, the new documentation is not part of the official docs yet. > > Rather have a look at > > > > https://cygwin.com/preliminary-ntsec.html > > > > If you read it (which I seriously hope for) and it's all just > > incomprehensible gobbledygook to you, please say so on the mailing list > > Might I suggest a clarification for the section "Samba account mapping"? > > Remember that there are multiple components to Samba nowadays, such as > the AD DC and the NT4-style DC. But this part of the documentation > concerns itself with only the Samba file server, smbd. > > At the beginning of it, change: > A fully set up Samba with domain integration is running winbindd to > map Window SIDs to artificially created UNIX uids and gids, and this > mapping is transparent within the domain, so Cygwin doesn't have to do > anything special. > > to something like: > A fully set up Samba file server with domain integration is running > winbindd to map Window SIDs to artificially created UNIX uids and > gids, and this mapping is transparent within the domain, so Cygwin > doesn't have to do anything special to access Samba shares. Done. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat