Hi Takashi, On Feb 28 14:40, Takashi Yano wrote: > Package: cygwin > Version: 1.7.34-6 > > Cygwin often hangs up if several keys are input during a lot of text outputs. > > To reproduce this problem: > 1) Start a new cygwin session on mintty. > 2) Execute > yes AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA > or > od /dev/urandom > 3) Hit 'a' key several times during text outputs. > > If echo is disabled like: > stty -echo; yes AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA > the problem does not occur. Hmm, I can reproduce this even with stty -echo. The tty code is not exactly my domain, so I'm not sure at the moment where to look. I guess the locking strategy in the tty code is not robust enough. Did you have a look into the cygwin sources in the meantime, by any chance? Since this is not a regression from 1.7.34, I'll defer this problem until after the 1.7.35 release. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat