On Feb 28 15:19, Denis Excoffier wrote: > On 2015-02-28 13:13, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > > > On Feb 28 00:23, Denis Excoffier wrote: > >> On 2015-02-27 18:52, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > >>> > >>> I released another TEST version of the next upcoming Cygwin release. > >>> > >> I have noticed that the behavior of /usr/bin/script is not better than > >> previously (probably the change resides near > >> https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-cvs/2015-q1/msg00094.html). > >> > >> For at least several weeks, the behavior was ok, except for the > >> Return key, which had to be hit several times to take effect. But the > >> other characters were ok. > >> > >> Now (after 2015-02-26), only every fourth character that i type > >> is flushed to the command line, Return key included. For example, > >> suppose that my command is "abcdefgh": only after i hit the 'd' key > >> is "abcd" displayed, and only after i hit the 'h' key the > >> "efgh" is displayed (the command line reads "abcdefgh"); now > >> i have to hit four times the return key to "enter" the command. > >> > >> Previously, the fourth-character-delay was probably already there, > >> but only for the Return key. > > > > I can't reproduce this. I started script, script starts my shell, and > > then I can type and I see every character I type immediately, including > > the ENTER key. I tried with SHELL set to /bin/tcsh as well as with > > /bin/bash. > > > Oops, forgot to mention: it is under xterm only. Under cmd.exe or under > mintty, all is correct. Since when do you see this problem? I can not reproduce this in mintty, nor in a Cygwin xterm started on a remote X server running under Linux. I can reproduce this with a local xterm started via startxwin. But, and that's the problem, I can reproduce it with the current 1.7.35-0.5 test release, with 1.7.34, and last but not least also with a debug version of the Cygwin DLL in which I backed out all PTY-related changes since last November. I'm not sure this is a giveaway, but from that it seems this problem is not directly related to a Cygwin change in the last months. So, jturney and I are wondering when exactly you encountered this problem for the first time. Did it coincide with a certain Cygwin release, or a certain X server? Or new X libs, perhaps? Anything you can provide to narrow down the potential culprit would be helpful. Thanks, Corinna P.S.: Given my findings, I'm not going to treat that as a regression for the time being. -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat