On Mar 20 16:52, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote: > On Fri, 2015-03-20 at 17:40 +0800, rexdf Rexdf wrote: > > I never heard a sound from pulseaudio. Any package using pulse will > > have no voice. (etc gstream) > > WFM. > > > I run some python gst Demo. It plays mp4, the video is quite well with > > contrast,brightness,hue,saturation effect. (code from > > http://wiki.pitivi.org/wiki/PyGST_Tutorial/Effects and run it from > > xterm but not mintty). But no sound. > > Do you have gstreamer*-plugins-pulse installed? > > > If a cygwin program uses the pulseaudio.exe, I can find it from > > Windows 8.1 Mixer. > > That is correct, PulseAudio uses the WinMM backend on Cygwin because of > limitations of our OSS implementation. Is anybody here interested in removing these limitations? One problem is that Cygwin only recogizes a single audio device, the current default device. It would be cool if somebody with a bit of knowledge in Windows audio could update Cygwin's /dev/dsp code a bit. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat