On Mar 25 02:01, Steve Johnson wrote: > Corinna Vinschen cygwin.com> writes: > > > > > > > from the keyserver hkp://keys.gnupg.net. However, what about my > > questions about setting "db" only in nsswitch.conf? Does it help? > > Do you have a SID history, too, by any chance? > > > > The last test that I did was with "db" only in nsswitch.conf and > unfortunately no, it did not help. After exiting all Cygwin processes, including any running cygserver service and starting a fresh, new shell? If so, this is an strace output from getent or id I'm interested in! Also, can I see your nsswitch.conf file, just to be sure it doesn't have a layout problem (i.e. the colons)? Do you still have your /etc/passwd and /etc/group files and are they still in /etc? > I have also checked and I do not > have an SID history. I hightly doubted as this is a new account, but > double checked and all OK. > > I have sent trace file and cygcheck -srv to your other specified email address. Can you resend or generate a new one as excitedly outlined above? Your mail somehow didn't make it (Typo in my name? You wouldn't be the first one...) Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat