On Apr 6 16:21, Peter Hackett wrote: > It looks like the maximum number of ptys under Cygwin is 64. > > I have two 2160x3840 (4K) monitors and I'm running into this limit. > I would like to raise it. The number of ttys is limited by the size of the global shared memory area, 64K. Right now this shared mem area is not used completely. We should be able to handle 128 ttys without much of a problem. I applied a patch for that and uploaded new developer snapshots to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ Please give it a try. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat