On Apr 10 15:13, Warren Young wrote: > On Apr 10, 2015, at 4:07 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > > > This should help in Cygwin<->Windows interoperability. > > That’s pretty vague. > > Would you care to list some specific expected improvements from this > change? Are there known problem scenarios in the current world which > we can test both ways, which should behave differently under the new > DLL? > > For instance, does it fix the well-known problem with chmod 600 > ~/.ssh/* resulting in mode 660 until you kick the ACLs around a bit? Yes. This has been discussed and I was originally opposing this change, but not very loudly. Other than that, please read the archives. You'll find the threads discussing this in the last two months. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat