On Apr 16 03:20, Ismail Donmez wrote: > Corinna Vinschen-2 wrote > > I just applied a patch which is supposed to handle this owner==group > > scenario better. > > > > In short, Cygwin will try to handle POSIX user and group permissions > > separately, even if owner == group. This is basically a fake as far > > as the actual permissions of the account are concerned, but it allows > > applications still to chmod to different user and group perms. It > > just *looks* different in the end. > > > > The only restriction of this is that the POSIX user permissions are > > always changed so that the user perms are >= the group perms in this > > situation. So this: > > > > chmod 460 foo > > > > will be internally twisted into > > > > chmod 660 foo > > > > > > I uploaded new developer snapshots to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ > > and I'm just uploading a 2.0.0-0.5 test release with this change. > > I tested the new test release (rm -rfd the cygwin installation and > re-installed from scratch just to be sure), my original testcase with quilt > and mutt works, BUT now when I run make install inside mutt source it > complains that /usr/bin/install cannot change permissions on the destination > executables. Hmm, ok. Off the top of my head I don't understand this. > can post an easily reproducable error. Because running the same command > myself gives no error whatsoever. I'll try to come up with a better report. That would be nice. A good start would be to know what permission mask install is trying to set the destination to. Maybe that sheds some light. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat