On Apr 16 15:20, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote: > > I would suggest not to use passwd and group files anymore, unless you're > > in a situation with no connection to the account DB (e.g. AD member > > machine without connection to the DC). > > If you mean remove the /etc/passwd and /etc/group files, that didn't > work for me. Xwin crashed the same way. That should be fixed in 2.0.0-0.6 which I'm just copying to the release area. > "mkpasswd" isn't an option for me, everyone in the company will be > added to the password file (I tried it). Non-starter! As I said, just don't use them. But if you need it for some reason, try $ mkpasswd -l -c $ mkgroup -l -c That restricts the outout to the local accoutns and your own user and primary group. That's what setup calls. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat