On May 18 11:29, The General wrote: > I am aware that I am getting a Visual Studio error. The reason this problem is > tied to Cygwin is when I log into W, open a Cygwin console, and run build.bat > it works, but when I execute the procedure described below (executing build.bat > from U through ssh using Cygwin's sshd running on W) it fails. Does https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-setuid-overview help? Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat