Hi Takashi, On Jun 7 09:03, Takashi Yano wrote: > Hi Corinna, > > On Thu, 28 May 2015 16:16:12 +0200 Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > > I applied this patch. I'm not comfortable with removing the SIGHUP > > handling from slave::read in favor of just setting errno to EIO. > > EIO seems wrong here. Not being able to access the pipe anymore > > should be equivalent to a hangup. Alternatively the return code > > from the Windows function should be checked for ERROR_BROKEN_PIPE, > > perhaps, but that introduces some more code, > > Regarding SIGHUP, I have a different thought. > [...] > To make the behaviour match with the test results on other > systems, I have made a patch attached (cygwin.patch.20150604). > > With this patch, everything works nicely for me as well. > > Furthermore, with this patch, mc (midnight commander) becomes > exiting normally. On cygwin 2.0.3-1, mc has a problem which > leaves a subshell process on the background. > > To reproduce this problem, execute > env SHELL=/bin/bash mc > on cygwin 2.0.3-1, and type 'exit'. > > You will find bash process remains in background. I have confirmed > this problem can be resolved by this patch. > > For the reason above, I think it is better to make the behaviour > match with other systems as well as the POSIX specification. > > What do you think? You convinced me. I applied your patch. I'll generate a developer snapshot later today. It would be nice if it could get a thorough testing. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat