On Jul 24 13:40, Thomas Wolff wrote: > I wanted to check ttyname() for "/cons" but surprisingly ttyname() was null > when started from cygwin console; Isn't mintty a "subsystem=windows" application which is supposed to attach or create a console at some later point? Maybe that's the reason. Off the top of my head I really don't know. You provided patches to Cygwin's console code already, so you're partially familiar with the codebase. Did you try to debug it? Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat