Hi Fenn, On Aug 13 11:29, Fenn wrote: > I just updated my cygwin and I am getting a segfault when I do a "ls > -l" on my c drive at the root. > > I don't get this if i do a "ls -l" in my home directory. > > I am including details from strace and info on my install (see below > and attached). > > I also attached the "cygcheck -s -v -r > /tmp/cygcheck.out" file. > > Is there anything else I should report? No idea if you can, unless you try to debug this. > 31 75028 [main] ls 5696 acl32: 3 = acl(hiberfil.sys) the acl call succeeded and then... > --- Process 5696, exception c0000005 at 77BF0DBF ...it crashes with a SEGV in a Windows DLL for some reason not visible from the strace output. It *might* have to do with a failing check on hiberfil.sys, but it could just as well have to do with the next file in the dir or something completely different. I'm not sure I can reproduce this. I have no such effect on amy of my machines. The only obvious difference is that I never hibernate my machines so they don't even have a hiberfil.sys. Assuming you call `ls -l ' once for each file in /cygdrive/c, can you reproduce which file triggers the crash? Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat