On Aug 14 17:08, Václav Haisman wrote: > On 14 August 2015 at 16:11, Eliot Moss wrote: > > On 8/14/2015 9:56 AM, Václav Haisman wrote: > >> > >> Hi. > >> > >> I am trying to find out Cygwin version at run time. > >> > >> I have noticed that there is `cygwin_internal (CW_GETVERSIONINFO)` API > >> for this. However, it seems that the `cygwin_version_info` structure > >> this call is supposed to fill in is not publicly available and is only > >> declared internally in `winsup/cygwin/cygwin_version.h`. > >> > >> Am I right that my only option is either to copy the internal > >> declaration of the structure or to use `/proc/version` and parse the > >> version string out of that? > > > > > > There's uname, whose options allow getting various parts of what > > /proc/version gives you. uname is also somewhat portable across > > different flavors of linux ... > > Never mind, I have figured it out. The `cygwin_internal > (CW_GETVERSIONINFO)` actually returns a pointer to string which can > be parsed reliably. I have used it. cygwin_internal(CW_GETVERSIONINFO) is an API for non-Cygwin tools like cygcheck, not for general consumption. For a Cygwin executable, better use uname(2) instead. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat