On Aug 16 05:35, mku wrote: > I changed cygwin1.dll to Version 2.2.1 and got the results shown in the > attached log file ( > cygwin-time-lag.txt > ). > I'm sorry to say that the problem has not disappeared with that patch. Too bad, I thought skipping the SID<->uid mapping per RFC 2307 is the culprit. Are you sure your /etc/nsswitch.conf is set to passwd: files group: files Can you print it out, please? I'll try to reproduce this again in the next few days. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat