On Aug 17 22:55, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > On Aug 17 10:13, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > On Aug 17 10:07, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > > On Aug 16 05:35, mku wrote: > > > > I changed cygwin1.dll to Version 2.2.1 and got the results shown in the > > > > attached log file ( > > > > cygwin-time-lag.txt > > > > ). > > > > I'm sorry to say that the problem has not disappeared with that patch. > > > > > > > > > Too bad, I thought skipping the SID<->uid mapping per RFC 2307 is the > > > culprit. > > > > s/is the culprit/fixes the problem. > > > > > > > > Are you sure your /etc/nsswitch.conf is set to > > > > > > passwd: files > > > group: files > > > > > > Can you print it out, please? > > > > > > I'll try to reproduce this again in the next few days. > > I managed to reproduce the issue and I think I found the actual problem > here. When trying to create the supplementary group list of the current > user, Cygwin called LookupAccountSids indiscriminately. If you don't > have access to your AD, this call is bound to take some time, 5 to 10 > secs in my testing. > > I changed the code so that when "group: db" is set in /etc/nsswitch.conf uhm, make that ...when "group: files" is set... > it will only utilize /etc/group to fetch group information. > > I uploaded a new developer snapshot containing this patch to > https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ Please give it a try. For testing, just > replace your current DLL with the snapshot DLL temporarily. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat