On Aug 18 17:27, Mark Geisert wrote: > Corinna Vinschen writes: > > On Aug 18 09:40, Mark Geisert wrote: > > > $ getent services man > > > man 9535/tcp > > > > > > $ getent services | grep man > > > man 16165/tcp > > > > > Congratulations! You found a 13 years old bug in Cygwin's getservent > > implementation, which returned the port number in host byte order > > instead of in network byte order for all this time. Makes me wonder > > how often getservent is used in the wild... > > > > Since I uploaded 2.2.1-0.2 just before your bug report, I quickly > > created a new snapshot with the patch on https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ > > Please give it a try. > > > > Thanks, > > Corinna > > The new snapshot solves the issue for me. I'll see if I can stumble upon a > more substantial bug next time :) Haha, yeah, but I think it's substantial enough. I'm just puzzled that this bug could live all this time unhampered. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat