On Oct 12 18:59, Barry Roberts wrote: > I've used cygwin for lots of years, and this is kind of weird to me. > My operations guys set up some Windows Server 2012 R2 servers with > Cygwin x86-64 2.2.1. > > There's a CIFS mount (from an HNAS) that I use a lot that is giving me > problems. For example: > > $ ls /cygdrive/m/install > ls: cannot access /cygdrive/m/install: Bad address Would you mind to run strace in this scenario: $ strace -o ls.trace ls /cygdrive/m/install and attach the ls.trace file here? > > But: > $ ls m:/install > > Works just great. > > Using /cygdrive/m I can list the contents of the root of the drive, > but I can't read any files. And any subdirectory just gives me the > "Bad address" error. Everything (except completion) works just fine > with m:/ paths. > > This isn't a huge deal. I mostly use cygwin on these servers to > manage them with scripts, so I've changed my configuration variables > to : paths and everything seems to work. But I did > spend nearly half a day figuring this out, so I'm curious if there's a > configuration problem or a known issue that my searches haven't > uncovered yet. Nothing I'd be aware of. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat