On Oct 21 21:49, Yucong Sun wrote: > > What exactly is the malloc problem you're seeing? > > The specific problem I'm having is that jemalloc's malloc_init() calls > needs to use pthread_mutex_init() or even pthread_mutex with a > initializer. Both in-turn uses malloc, triggering this issue. > > A quick fix would be somehow make pthread always use system > malloc/free, which shouldn't be that bad. What about using a native critical section instead? It shouldn't be too tricky to conditionalize this in jemalloc. > Another issue I saw is that jemalloc will use readlink() for > "/etc/jemalloc.conf" during malloc_init(), which on cygwin, this > function uses "new" to do some path manipulating work, which also have > the same issue. However, we can probably just disable that . Or alternatively the file can be reasd like the other files in /etc Cygwin needs early access to. See the NT_readline class and an example usage in, e.g, mount_info::from_fstab. > So, the quickest fix would be to make cygwin's thread implementations > always use system malloc. > > some small workarounds in jemalloc would be needed afterwards, but it > should be a nice starting point. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat