On Oct 26 17:03, Achim Gratz wrote: > Am 26.10.2015 um 11:07 schrieb Corinna Vinschen: > >Erm, really? I tested this locally with a directory with hundreds > >of files, each of which belonged to another user or group, and that > >resulted in a 25% slowdown. Not 1000%. Oh boy. > > That test is almost as bad as it can ever get. Given that enumerating all > AD accouts with mkpasswd takes about 2 hours and I'm doing something very > similar here, I'm not even surprised. I was more surprised to see the > server go so fast, but my guess is that it can use jumbo frames to talk to > the AD. Ok, so you don't seem to think this is a major drawback. > >>While that hurts, the more usual case with many files from the > >>same user doesn't feel any slower at the moment. The access through VPN > >>will be interesting, though... > > > >Did you try this in the meantime? > > No, sorry. No worries. I'm mulling over the idea to release 2.3.0 this week without the new ACL handling code to get the latest fixes out of the door first and push this stuff into a 2.4.0 release in November. > >Given the above result, I'm wondering if we can afford using AuthZ at > >all. OTOH I don't see any other way to get the correct POSIX permissions > >from a non-Cygwin ACL :( > > If you really want fast but incorrect there's always the "noacl" mount > option. Right. OTOH, maybe we could enhance the "acl" mount option? "acl" -> "quickacl" -> "noacl"? > -- > Achim. > > (on the road :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRKNw477onU Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat