On Oct 28 10:14, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > On Oct 27 19:06, John Carey wrote: > > Sorry for the delay. > > > > From: Corinna Vinschen [corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com] > > Sent: Friday, October 23, 2015 5:55 AM > > > > I've attached a test case that I *think* gets into the right spot, at > > > > least for 64-bit Cygwin 2.0.4. That is, it hangs trying to receive > > > > the signal, instead of terminating. (This test passes (terminates) in > > > > 32-bit Cygwin 1.7.9 and 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS.) > > > > > > Thanks for the testcase. I applied a patch which hopefully works as > > > desired, at least to fix the immediate problem of the remaining pending > > > signal when a thread exits. I uploaded a new developer snapshot to > > > https://cygwin.com/snapshots. Please give it a try. > > > > Thanks; that was fast! I tried replacing cygwin1.dll with cygwin1-20151023.dll . > > > > The original test case now works. I checked some of my other tests, > > and unfortunately some of them failed, so I extracted out a new test > > case, which is attached. My guess is that something is subtly different > > about the timing on this test. > > Is this a regression? Did it work with 2.2.1? Answering myself here, this didn't work at all in 2.2.1. I can reproduce the problem and I'm going to take a look. Not sure if there's a quick solution, though. This looks like a deadlock situation. The signal definitely got send, I just don't see yet why it's not handled in wait_sig. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat